Sunday, October 4, 2009

on the road again

I hit the road at 7:30 this morning, down to San Diego for the monthly Bargain Camera Show. These are always interesting events... Even if there's absolutely nothing you want to buy, it's more than made up for by the cast of characters hocking their wares. At one point, after telling one dealer (who looked an awful lot like Bill Nighy in the Underworld movies) that I was looking for a rollback for my view camera, he responded with a nod, and asked me if I was interested in a miniature AM radio, housed in white plastic molded to look like a 1980's desktop computer. I smiled weakly, and pretended to hear my name called from across the room.

A few hours later, after my return trek, and after consuming several large pieces of brioche french toast topped with pears, I found myself wandering the farmer's market, as is my wont on sundays. This shot happened upon me, and seemed a fitting caption for a day that was mostly spent behind the wheel. It's another digital shot, but don't think me a changed man! In the next few days, my monorail will be armed with film, and I'm planning to shoot a few buildings in downtown LA after dark. This will either be on 4x5, or possibly a 6x12 pano... stay tuned.

Shot with Nikon D90, Tokina 12-24 f/4 at 24mm, ISO 200, 1/250 sec at f/4

No comments:

Post a Comment