Sunday, October 4, 2009

about face


I suppose it's characteristic of me to follow up a post about how film romanced me back into photography with a shot from a dslr. Can I say how much fun it is playing around with the greyscale mode in Lightroom? These shopping baskets are green, and a little luminance boost and they just popped. I failed to make a post the last 2 days, so this is what I've got. HOWEVER, I did pick up a Cambo CX 4x5 camera for $100 today off of craigslist. That's crazy talk, you may say! Given, what these cameras used to cost, and the fact that it included 3 lensboards, a case, and a second, revolving back... Too good to pass up. I have fitted it with a Schneider 150 f/5.6 convertible Symmar, just need to find a 6x12 roll back... I'm off to San Diego tomorrow in search of said item at the bargain camera show. I'm packing several of my babies in the car, hoping to get some good shots along the rocky shores in Lo Jolla. Stay tuned!

Photo taken with Nikon D90, Tokina 12-24 f/4, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment